20 May, 2007

Beep, beep!

State of mind: jumpy
Current soundtrack: UlColo - Koi Suru Boy (i-chips)

So tomorrow I take my driving test...For the third time. I am nervous, to say the least. The last two times I went, I failed both sections, with varying degrees of comedic value.

Driving Test #1 - The first time I took the road test, my steering was shot and I got failed with 5 points out of a possible 20. By any standard, that was Bad with capitals. At least the officer let me finish the course and drive back in, even if he did say that my car 'staggered'. I'm not kidding. Terhuyung-hayang is usually a term associated with drunken men. =o=;

Shaken, I went on to take my circuit exam, ending up with a different model of Kancil than what I usually drive. (This matters, trust me.) I went to the hill test, which is the first 30%. I stopped on the hill with my front tyres planted firmly on the desired lines, put on my brakes and put my hand up 'till the officer told me to move on. I eased off the clutch, slowly depressed the accelerator, released the handbrake...and slid comically backwards.

I'd forgotten to take the car out of neutral, distracted by the old Kancil's skinny little gearstick.

Driving Test #2 - I'm still kicking myself over this one. Two points away from passing my road test! The road was clear! The officer was helpfully silent! Even the weather was nice and breezy! I was on the verge of passing, I'm sure of it.

Unfortunately, when I was turning back IN to the test centre, I slipped into the opposite lane and the officer gleefully failed me. OTL

Never mind. Circuit test still there. Passed the hill part. Went on to parking. Got in, prepared to go out, and...rammed into a pole. I WAS SO CLOSE.

I had no choice but to laugh with maniacal sheepishness all the way back to the driving school office to apply for ANOTHER retake.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, because if I botch this one I don't dare do a retake until July, during Exploration Week. I don't dare apply for leave too often this term. @_@

Still haven't really thought of what I want to do for the MMP Studio final project. Heroes, Helvetica or Ninja Teabags? Hmm. Dilemmas, dilemmas...

No comments: