02 March, 2008

Paint(<)Chat

State of mind: blissed out
Current soundtrack: Return of Ultraman - Return of Ultraman (Dan Jirou, Misuzu? Children's Choir)

A quick bit of background: Paintchatting (or oekaki chat/e-cha) is done through a Java application, a cross between a communal oekaki/paintboard and a simple chatroom. It's fun! You can sit around mostly yakking and occasionally drawing simple doodles to illustrate the point, or break out the tablets from the first minute and produce some stunning examples of work. Let's not forget the 'amida', and the scratch, both of which I haven't done in a long time...There are ample examples of sessions archived out there, but none of the sites I want to mention are 'link free'—which, ironically, means free TO link, not free OF links. Anyway. The site responsible for this wonderful insanity is Takamin.com. Go check it out.

Last night I had the opportunity to head over to the site of a BNF, S, who finally decided to host a 'room'. I haven't been paintchatting for about a year or so, so I was a bit rusty, but...she saved all the dippy doodles I did to get warmed up, and I have a saved copy of the Mebius!puppy we did in the first session. It didn't go very far after that, because poor S had stomach trouble and T, who came in a bit later, was very quiet and...dropped off to go to sleep, I think. We just yakked a lot after that and I recounted lots of stupid tales about my Japan trip. ^^; So really, it was more chat than paint.

Hope to have another session with them soon, but preferably when S' stomach has stopped tormenting her. I want to see her at work, damnit! XD

No comments: