07 March, 2008

The Only Election Post.

State of mind: shivery
Current soundtrack: mirai e (redballoon)

So the 8th of March is polls day in Malaysia. That's tomorrow. GOOD. I've had it up to my ears with posters and campaigning and everyone slagging everyone else. But really, I hope those eligible to vote go out and do it. I would like to very much, but the election is 2 weeks before my 21st birthday. -_- Never you mind, I have four, five years to patiently document any screw-ups or thumbs-up the government performs. But y'all gotta elect a sound one. No more leaks and snarks and general brainlessnesses, please.

I hope that nobody votes for someone because anyone told them to.

I also hope that nobody votes for someone because some distant relative bribed you with an angpau.

I hope that nobody votes for someone just because they are told there is Only One Choice.

I REALLY hope that nobody votes for someone just because the someone is a lengzhai or lenglui, never mind the actual prowess. (But beauty with brains? Ohoho. Bonus. :D)

I hope that you vote because you've thought it over, weighed your decision carefully, made yourself informed of both sides' arguments and are ready to participate.

So go. Follow the rules, don't slug anyone, and CROSS THE PAPER PROPERLY. Don't spoil the vote and for pete's sake, please don't do it on purpose. At least think of the dead trees.

Go.

No comments: