16 December, 2007

T, er, J minus 5...

State of mind: giggly

Five days to Japan trip.

I have my crazy orange scarf, hat and coat. I have my shopping list(s) done up. I've bought soap, shampoo and am going to steal Ma's travel-sized bottle of talc. Tonight I will get my autumn jumper back from my aunt. On Monday I shall wash my backpack. On Tuesday, I will go buy a new digicam, a berol pen and some leather laces. On Thursday, most likely, I will pack and stuff. On Friday, I will do my carryons, sleep a little and scrub myself to squeaky cleanness—oh come now. I dunno about you, but I doubt I'll feel like saying hello to a bathtub in winter, ANY type of winter, without heated water and much smelliness.

All this, and I'm still not sure whether to bring Alphonne along. *pats laptop* It'd be good to keep a running blog draft for when I get back, and have a place to dump some of my photos, but 1) I don't think I can bring her onto the plane WITH my carryons and 2) Noa's loss still rings a bit fresh to entrust the girl to the hands of the air carriers. The blogdraft is going to be pulled from my little black travel log anyway, and I'll have to be creative about culling photos if storage runs out (touch wood).

Tokyo temperatures today are said to run from about 5-11°C. My junior Kimm in Hokkaido says she recently went through temperatures of -2°C. I'm looking forward to temperatures that don't drop below freezing; if they do, one hopes for a little snow.

I'm excited. I'm rambling. You can tell, right? :D

U-san updated with MORE Ninja Manual-ly goodness. Words cannot express my delight, especially since it includes a little sketch of beaten-up Gaia. (feudal Japan, check, parallel universes, check, wounded graphic people, check check CHECK...)

(ETA 17/12/07: AAAAAAGRGRGRGHHH. This is where I start singing Bonnie Pink's It's Gonna Rain!, isn't it? *shiver*)

No comments: