21 January, 2008

I will attempt to be succinct @ Hudsonning.

State of mind: peckish
Current soundtrack: AWAKE - Un Dia Llegara (Josh Groban)

I saw a Black Jack kewpie in the shops today. It might as well have been called Kowasugi Creepy McCreepypants-Ohmyheart. °A°

Karcy brought this issue to my attention, so I ran with it. Non-denominational deity on a flatbread, it took THIS long to reach my ears? You'd have had me frothing and cheesed off in two seconds flat, but now I'm so peckish I can barely curl my lip and snarl. I may not have caught the cake one at once, but that poem about the turtles? I remember it! By gum, do I remember it! Wangst and martyrdom shall be no excuse for flicking it! It's far too clean for a coincidence!

Anyway. What shall I hudson, then? Let's try this little extract; you'll have to excuse me if I can't make it rhyme. She got away with it.

Lafazlah kau 'gin' dan bir'
Sementara ditempatkan selamat di sini
Dan dihantar ke pertempuran kecil;
Tetapi bila membunuh
Kau akan bekerja demi air
Dan menjilat but sial pemiliknya.
Ha, di iklim panas Injia,
Di mana kuluangkan masa dulu
Berkhidmat untuk Duli Yang Maha Mulia Permaisuri,
Daripada semua pekerja keling
Yang paling cekap
Ialah bhisti pasukan kita, Gunga Din.
Dialah 'Din! Din! Din!
'Kepal habuk batu yang terhincut-hincut, Gunga Din!
'Oi! Hitherao licik!
Air, dapatkannya! Panee lao,
Patung hidung penyek, Gunga Din.'...
[+/-]Gunga Din oleh May Chong!

(And before you go ANY further, Kipling is one of my favourite authors and this, clearly, was meant as a piece of satire, jokery and jiggery-pokery; and yes, the k-word is not a nice one. But you transliterate 'blackfaced crew' into modern sensibilities...)

Next week: A piece about Poppies! No, wait, someone's already done that...

No comments: