10 January, 2008

Bilingual Batons of...Bombasticness!

State of mind: sleepy
Current soundtrack: Black Jack Back-to-back - Black Jack - Silence Whispers (TRF)

I cut my hair very short today, and got another meme! Not in English though—It's from one of my Ultra contacts, Sarutobi, and thus it is in Japanese. Apparently they're called 'batons'.

It's to do with fandoms and illustration, so here we go:

  1. We will now start the illustration baton, but how's your state of mind at the moment?
    I'm...interested. And wondering how long it will take to translate/scan/answer. ;)

  2. At what age did you start drawing on the computer?
    I think I was 6 or 7.

  3. So now, how long has it been since you've started?
    Ah, asking for my age, are you? 14, 15 years? I still prefer my pencils for sketchery. :)

  4. Can we see the first pictures you drew?
    You may not. That PC has long gone to a family friend's family. *gulp*

  5. If possible, could you show us some of your first pictures?
    Isn't this a repeat of the previous question? Cheh. FINE. Where are those paintchat pictures? Ah, there we go.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I've gotten a bit better since then—this happens to be the last paintchat I did before everyone really started going to work/falling ill/becoming busy.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    ...I miss yakking with those guys. :(

  6. What do you usually do for colouring?
    Flat blocks of colour with two, maybe three layers of shading. Vector images...generally don't need that much colouring, and my pencil sketches remain black and white with occasional smudges of grey.

  7. Whether it's art sense or anything else, is there anyone you want to train under or look up to?
    Oh yes, plenty. Ursula Vernon, for one. I suppose I want to have a go with Kidchan, Matsuru or Kinsun. And there's always U, Tuge, Natsuki and Sunagimo.

  8. Answer honestly. Do you have confidence in your pictures?
    Mm. I like them, they get the message across and drawing makes me happy. No, that doesn't answer the question, does it? I'd say yes, although one tries to firm up one's skills and improve. :)

  9. Now put 5 names for each category, and pass this baton on to them.
    Ehhhh?! One, I don't know that many people/bloggers/artists and two, I've never seen a meme try so desperately to spread itself. But OK. *goes through the fanlinks and picks out names*

    Cute pictures - Sarutobi, Weiss, Tama, Kannazuki Hayate, Himataro

    Cool pictures - Takigawa Takumi, Sunagimo, U, Zid, Halxion (actually...Hal's pictures kind of scare me.)

    Beautiful pictures -Tuge, Ursula Vernon, Firnheledien, Kidchan, Matsuru

    Warm pictures - F&S, Arche, Miyanishi Tatsuya

    Refreshing pictures - Kodama, Aimo, Midou Kazuhiko

    Soft pictures - Moyashi, Ten, Gizzy, Akeboshi, Kurage
[+/-] show/hide this post

Wokei, that's it.

Tomorrow is Re:Volt's exhibition launch! This is your chance to see the blogger in her Haado Gei short black leather outfit! (Hey, the dress code IS punk/goth/subculture.

No comments: