28 July, 2007

Music, mayhem, and, yes, manga dorkery.

State of mind:
Current soundtrack: Playlist name - series - song title (artist)

I like music. There's a neighbour across the street who has been regularly playing the piano for years, but I have yet to see his/her face. So, it didn't surprise me when I heard the sound of a guitar while eating brekkies this morning.

It was pretty loud, though, and so was the...singing?!




Look closely and you can glimpse a sneaker.

First thought: OMGyey busking person!
Second thought: Why's this person playing just beside my hedge, behind the protection of a car door?
Third thought: ...Gilasiao* dude strumming guitar outside house?

He went on strumming, anyway, and I'm still wondering if the gods are crazy on weekends.

--

So I mentioned I'd bear proof of my mild shopping addiction, and of course my dorkery, correct?


Now it's time to play 'Guess M.Y.'s favourite brand'.

I went to Body Shop looking for concealer (panda eyes) and perfume oil, and walked out with a blusher brush in tow. @_@ But that's not proof of dorkery, you say? You're right. It's not. But this is.↓↓↓


Ka―nashige―ni saku―hana ni―

Finally couldn't pass up the manhwa shop's Black Jack manga box set, branded as Most Advanced Caricature *choke*. It contains a whole truckload of macabre medical goodness, shrunken to four-pages-per-page and translated into Chinese. I've been looking for BJ manga in the shops, but I can't find that all-important first issue, so I really can't start, can I? @_@ The Chinese translation is the best bet, considering any other translations out there would have been sourced from this one. (It's a hypothesis, but a pretty strong one.)

Oh yes, there's just one last thing. I can't read Chinese. :P

*gilasiao - 'Crazy-crazy'. Malay-Hokkien. Personal portmanteau.

No comments: