21 June, 2008

Summer! Sea! Stupidity!

State of mind:
Current soundtrack: Playlist name - series - song title (artist)

I—buh. Ultramanland is INSANE. (taken from their official site)

★Shoowatch Stage★

Dates: 19/7 - 31/8
Time: 1230 (until 31/7), 1300 (whole of August), 1500 (13-15/8), 1330 (16, 17/8)

For the summer holidays, we're having a daily special show!
There's the cheerful presentation by the Ultra Warriors of 'Ultra Manzai'
The earnest battle of 'Ultra Kaijuu Pro Sumo'
Heroes fighting to a jaunty beat in 'Ultra Stomp'
A slightly different type of souvenir photo session, the 'Memorial Photo Battle'
And on top of all that, a fun stage show you can sing and dance to with the Ultras and aliens 'Ultra Feature Band'!
All this and more at the daily special show!!

Somehow, I THINK I see where some of the really cracky fanon characterisations come from. This seems like fun; I'd be crying with laughter over there at almost everything. Ultra Stomp sounds like great fun! And ZOMG, the band. Song, dance AND Ultraman? YES YES DO WANT. I probably expose my geekery (and fujoshidom) when I say that a stage show where the audience *sings* the hero back onto his feet would be for the win. Especially since if I were able to attend one, one loud female voice would rise above all others—and if it was one of the post-Heisei Ultras, the words might even be English. (Note that I never said 'melodious'. I've had several opinions on that the past few years.)

Anyone going to Kumamoto come summer? Want a translator? I will work very hard. :D;;;

But let us all remember; Ultraman isn't just manzai and songs and sumo; it is the glory of victory and the light of day; the bitterness of sorrow and the sharpness of defeat; the sweetness of belonging and the strength of connection. It's that and this and a little bit of that other stuff over there, and THAT'S UM. :3

There's also mention of some kind of Japanese Matsuri-ish thing, AND Ultra Bon Odori, but if I go on talking about those, my brain will explode out of my skull and go to Kumamoto itself.

1 comment:

R A R A said...

you're an ultraman fan? hehe me too. the very first series i watched was ultraman ace. hay those were the days.. anyway, have time visit my blog,i got ultraman posts in there. see ya!