02 November, 2007

So who likes Saul Bass, eh? :D

State of mind: pondering
Current soundtrack: white noise

Today I partitioned my harddrive, downloaded some fonts, stuck some random doohickies back in and went searching for the grail of all grails, unbooked Ultraman Gekiden chapters...because I have no PS or AI yet on my yet-unnamed girl. (Laaaamster, I'm looking at you. ;))

So. Saul Bass. Is he not full of squee...why you all looking at me like I'm speaking Swahili? He's the supposed father of motion graphics, not to mention a fairly bitchin' graphic designer. If you've seen The Man with The Golden Arm, Psycho, The Shining's movie poster or even the AT&T globe logo, you're familiar with his work. Bell did quite a bit of handlettering, and a tribute site decided to duplicate his kinda-crooked-kinda-jiggly letterforms. The result was Hitchcock, in homage to one of the directors he used to work with, and was recently put back online. This means squeeing and font pimpage from yours truly.

You can get Hitchcock (and should get it nowhere else!) at http://typographica.org/001110.php. There's a sample there, too.

P.S. - Ken Taya's Super Ultra. SWEET LORDY LORDY. *collapses in laughter as the red-and-silver lean, mean dicing machines stare blankly*

2 comments:

Lammy Leonhart said...

Baaaah....^___^;;; My apologies.

I'll bring on Tuesday, affirmative.

May Chong said...

Yay! Hope to see you then ^_^